My birthday is quickly approaching this Sunday and I will be turning the big 2-8. No, it is not a big turning point or a special number, but if anyone knows me well, you know that I like to make any birthday a big deal. I LOVE BIRTHDAYS. Especially when it is my own. Yes, I was that girl who turned a birthDAY into a birthMONTH (sorry mom). I have gotten better over the years and now tend to just make it a birthWEEK...sooo that is more appropriate, right?
I figured for this birthday I would share with you a list of 28 things you may not have known about me. I know this has nothing to do with exercise or nutrition but maybe some of them will give you a little laugh and help you get to know me a little better...and a little more real!
So here we go....
1. I’m a lefty and so is my husband. We learned that about each other on our first date and I thought it was fate (I mean pretty much right? hah).
2. For all 27 years of my life I thought I was named after my Aunt Annie and my grandmother whose name was Josephine....yeaaaah, turns out my parents just liked the name Joanna.
3. I was born 3 weeks early but have been late to everything ever since. Fashionably late is what I like to call it.
4. My mother was in labor with me for four days. YES, A FOUR WHOLE DAYS. She always told me that I was a stubborn person even before I came out into the world.
5. My all time favorite TV show is FRIENDS!!! I am that person who tries to compare every life situation to something that happened on a Friends’ episode. I mean WHO DOESN’T LOVE FRIENDS THOUGH?
6. I am a kid when it comes to talking about poop and get a big belly laugh/snort with any poop story. This is not "BRAND NEW INFORMATION" (Friends quote...somebody pleassssse get it?!?) for my friends.
7. I make this face when I am doing anything that requires a lot of effort. My family calls it the “Biasini face” (my maiden name) because pretty much everyone in my family does it besides my mom (thanks a lot dad). Let’s just say, it is not the most attractive face and I try my best to not let it come out when I am in public.
8. When I get stressed, I pick at my eyebrows. Sooo weird, I know! It is one of those terrible habits that I just can’t break. It used to be a lot worse when I was in school, so my eye brows have gotten better care the past few years.
9. I LOVE to dance. You can always find me on the dance floor at any wedding. My husband has walked in on me dancing in our living room, trying to choreograph a dance more than once (just can’t seem to let go of my dancing days).
10. My best friend and I have had an ongoing inside joke of being in a band called the Wingas. It all started junior year of high school and hasn't stopped since. It is only funny to us but isn’t that how all inside jokes are?
11. I am the proud aunt of now four beautiful nieces. They have brought so much joy to our family, it is unreal.
12. I am indecisively impulsive. I know...makes no sense at all. I am so indecisive that I would rather just impulsively pick something instead of spending so much time stressing over it.
13. I am a bed hog! My sister hated sleeping with me on road trips as a kid and now my poor husband has to deal with a girl half his size trying to take up three quarters of the bed. Good thing he loves me.
14. I like to consider my life more like organized chaos. I may not be the typical Type A dietitian, in fact, I feel like the total opposite most days.
15. I still love watching Disney movies. I also love to sing Disney songs and pretend that I am just as good as Belle and Arial. My mom made a mistake of getting me a karaoke machine when I was younger and I would blare some “I Can Show You The World” while annoying my entire family (sorry guys, but I kind of wish I still had it).
16. I have something called Mesophonia. It literally means “hatred of sound,” which makes it super dramatic because I do not hate all sound but what I do hate? Gum smacking, loud chewing, and some other things that I am not going to share because I don’t want to scare you off too soon.
17. I get very distracted easily, like I have probably gotten up more than 10 times while trying to write this.
18. My favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids or Swedish Fish but my teeth get mad at me every time I eat them (because of all my darn past cavities).
19. I am an extreme procrastinator. I always wait the last minute to get anything done because the pressure to get it done helps motivate me to finish.
20. My favorite coffee is an Americano with sugar-free vanilla syrup. Although, a Skinny Machiotto has been my go to lately and is so very scrumptious.
21. I am a hypochondriac. Sometimes when I am assessing patients I literally wonder if I have the same problems. Just an example of my craziness: I have been having terrible headaches lately and instead of considering it is my sinuses, I assume its a tumor.
22. I wouldn’t consider myself a morning person, at least before I have had my cup of coffee. My husband (the morning person) is slowly learning that I need my quiet time in the morning, along with coffee before we can really talk.
23. I was an entrepreneur before I even knew what that meant. At the age of six, I went door-to-door with my friend to sell lemonade for a quarter with only one big cup for them to share (yeah, not the best thought out plan). I also had a purse business in the 5th grade where I made purses out of felt and would sew them together (I started with staples initially). Then I realized that selling anything without consent at school was illegal (again, not well thought out).
24. I am an icing girl when it comes to cakes and cupcakes. Shave it off the cake and give me all the sugar!!!
25. I sleep with a pillow over my head. No I am not trying to suffocate myself, I just like to silence all the sound and close out any extra light.
26. I may be almost 28 years old but I still call my mom for pretty much everything. Still trying to learn that whole "leaving your mother and father and cleaving to your spouse" thing. Mammas always know best though, right?
27. I am a busy person most days but sometimes I want to do absolutely nothing but lay on the couch and binge watch Criminal Minds or some other new show that Thomas and I have started on.
28. In my life, I have been blessed with two supportive parents, two awesome siblings, a husband I don’t deserve, two new amazing in-laws, four of the best sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws, four of the cutest nieces out there, and two crazy pups that make my life pretty awesome. I have been blessed with great friendships that have lasted for over 15 years. I have a job to go to every day and a house to come home to each night. So I would say I got it pretty great!
Well now that you know a little more about me and all my weirdness, I hope you can feel a little more normal about yourself. I have been so blessed to live 28 years of my crazy, far from normal life and I can’t wait for the journey to continue.
I am going to spend this birthday weekend enjoying this great life that God has given me and and be thankful for being another year older. This is another year for me to live out the purpose that God has placed on my heart and to grow deeper with Him and with the people that surround me.