Two of my favorite dips are hummus and guacamole. I could seriously eat my weight in both, which may not be the best idea and my stomach may hate me after. There are so many different ways to eat avocados and also soo many ways to prepare hummus soo I decided to combine them both and make a beautiful and delicious creation. What’s better than hummus? AVOCADO HUMMUS!!! THIS avocado hummus seriously might be my favorite hummus yet!
Need a good appetizer, snack, or addition to your sandwiches and salads for the weekend adventures??? GET YOU SOME OF THIS!!! It goes great with crackers, wheat thins, these amazing pretzels crisps, or some vegetables of your choice....take your pick!
This hummus provides a good source of protein and fiber with an addition of Vitamin C, E, K, omega-3 fatty acids, and more potassium than a banana (thanks to the avocado addition)!
What Do You Need?
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced (or 1/4 c lemon juice)
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
How Do You Make It?
- Place chickpeas, avocados, lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Once completely mixed and smooth, transfer to a bowl sprinkle the last 1/2 tbsp of olive oil over the top and add a sprinkle of paprika to finish it off!
- Add some crackers, pretzels crisps, carrots, or celery to dip!