I have the biggest sweet tooth and I am all about dessert before dinner or anytime of the day for that matter. I love sweets so much that there was a time when I legitimately had an addiction to Sweet Cece's (before I even knew about Jeni’s ice cream), no joke. I had one of those punch cards and didn’t realize that every time I would go get some Sweet Cece’s it would automatically upload my location on Twitter and say something like “loving the sweet life at Sweet Cece’s Greenhills.” By the time I figured it out it was too late and I had at least a few weeks worth posted up there. WHELP...Hi, my name is Joanna and I have a problem. I would bribe my friends and Thomas (my hubby) to go get some with me because I didn’t want to alwayyyys be going alone (I mean that could start to get embarrassing after a while...okayyy who am I kidding, it’s still embarrassing to go that much with or without them). Anyways, I eventually ended my addiction and can’t remember the last time I went there, but then I found Jeni’s. Oh man. The sweet problems are never ending. All in moderation though, right?
I love finding healthy and light desserts to quench my need for something sweet and these Greek Yogurt Bark Bites do just that. They are seriously amazing, light, protein packed, and are so simple (which is always what I go for in preparing food).
What Do You Need?
- 1 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Craisins
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 7 strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup blueberries
What Do You Do?
- Mix Greek yogurt and honey together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add Craisins and whatever your heart desires to the yogurt mix.
- Lay down aluminum foil on a baking sheet of your choice (the one I used was an 9 x 13 in) and spread the mix on top, speading it all the way out to the edges (unless you want it a little thicker).
- Sprinkle strawberries, blueberries, and dark chocolate chips on top of mix and place in freezer until completely frozen all the way through.
- Remove from freezer when completely done (I did it at night so it could be my treat for the next day), use a sharp knife and cut into pieces and ENJOY your frozen treats.
This is such a perfect treat for this hot summertime so go get the ingredients and whip this baby up and share it with all your friends.
Do you have any healthy and refreshing recipes that cure your sweet cravings? I am always looking for new recipes so please feel free to share below!