This is the first weekend in a while that we have not had somewhere to travel to or were working. It is also the first weekend in a while that I have actually gone to the grocery store on a Saturday...because that seriously never happens until maybe during the week when we have absolutely nothing left in our fridge and I am desperate. I avoid going to the grocery store when it is super crowded and Saturday is usually one of those days. I figured with football season starting back up it wouldn't be tooo terrible, and we also were completely out of everything in our fridge and pantry so it was a must!
It is the BEST feeling to have a stocked fridge and pantry and it gets me excited to get in the kitchen and start cooking. I decided to make these vegetable egg muffins that are sooo delicious, quick, and easy! I usually make these when we have other people to help eat them but I decided I didn't care and the leftovers would make for some good breakfast choices for the next few days.
I can't take all the credit on this recipe because my mom was the one to actually give me this idea (thanks, Ma)! I love it so much though, that I just have to share on the blog!
Yields: 12 muffins; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
What Do You Need?
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese (or more if you like it cheesier)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ground pepper
- red pepper flakes
What Do You Do?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Chop up the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms Using a muffin pan, split the vegetables up evenly among the cups. Add the cheese on top to each cup (add more if you life it to be cheesier).
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and add the 1/2 tsp paprika, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Pour the mix evenly over the vegetables and cheese (and slowly so that it does not overflow- learn this the hard way).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden on top. Once ready, use a knife around the edges of each cup to loosen the egg muffin out of the pan. ENJOY!!!
***Portion Control Police: Try and stick to 2 per person!
Want to pin on Pinterest the later?
I hope you enjoy these little egg muffins as much as I have and I also hope that you are enjoying your weekend as it is coming to an end! Remember to keep your positive vibes as you enter a new week with new challenges!