Let’s taco bout how long it has been since I have blogged or put up a recipe. I guess we will call it a little hiatus or vacation but my life has been going through some new changes with my job and where I want Balance In Practice to be headed that I have taken some time to myself to figure some things out! I will say though, making this delicious recipe that I am about to share with you and taking these pictures just felt right again and I am excited to spend more time sharing more blogs and fun recipes in the near future with you all.
Life has been pretty crazy here in the Crawford house lately but there is one thing that always seems to stay constant...and that is my love for TACOS!!! Not just any ole beef taco though, I like my tacos to be fun and different and spiced up with all kinds of new toppings. I had gotten in a routine of only making the Caribbean jerk chicken tacos and changing up the toppings but this time I decided to try something different and a little more vegetarian.
You can add as much or as little of the vegetables as you would like, but I am all about more is better when it comes to veggies. I piled on as much vegetables as possible onto my baking sheet in hopes of having leftover roasted vegetables to use for lunch the next day.
Now let’s taco bout this avocado lime sauce....AHHHMAZING pretty much sums it up. Seriously though, anything avocado makes me happy but this is probably one of the best things I have ever had. I loved it so much that I threw it on some toast the day after and had some zesty avocado toast! Lastly I topped off the tacos with my new favorite fruit at the moment, a blood orange. This fruity addition gives it that sweet and tangy taste that makes it sooo yummy!
What Do You Need?
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (or the entire container if you want)
- 1 white or red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller
- 1 cup of Arugula (or more if needed)
- 1 blood orange
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 4 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pack of extra thin corn tortillas
How Do You Do It?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop up the peppers and 1/2 of the onion into 1 inch pieces and throw on a baking sheet. Add the sliced mushrooms and whatever else you prefer. Drizzle a Tbsp of olive oil on top of the vegetables and add the cumin and paprika. Mix it all up so that all the vegetables are coated and place in the oven.
- Chop the sweet potato up into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch cubed pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add some salt and pepper to taste. Mix it up making sure all the pieces are coated with some oil and place in the oven.
- While the vegetables are cooking, chop up the other half of the onion into small pieces (almost minced) until you have at least 1 Tbsp. Combine the mashed avocado, greek yogurt, onion, 1/2 lime squeezed, 1 Tbsp cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and set aside.
- Peel the blood orange and thinly slice crosswise, removing any seeds. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are browned and soft, usually after about 30 minutes pull them out of the oven and set aside.
- Heat the corn tortillas in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil until they are crispy and to your liking. Add the arugula, roasted veggies, sweet potatoes, avocado lime sauce, and blood oranges on top. ENJOY!!
Want to Pin for later or share with friends?? Sharing is caring, right?
I hope you enjoy these yummy tacos and maybe treat yourself with a margarita (or two)!! Happy Wednesday everyone!